Tuesday 10 December 2013

The Importance of Reading Fiverr Gig Descriptions and Buyer Instructions



I’ve recently had a few problems with people not reading my Fiverr gig descriptions or buyer instructions. One or two and I don’t mind explaining, but it is getting to the point of annoying.

There is a point to gig descriptions and the buyer instructions that seller have in place. It’s to create uniform, and to make sure orders are seamless and easier to complete.

Why Read Fiverr Gig Descriptions?

The gig descriptions tell you what you can expect from a gig. It will tell you about it in more detail, such as the number of words that are covered in a writing gig or the length of time for a video. It will tell you about whether you can have a script written—for extra—or if there are other extras that you can purchase.

The gig description will also tell you more about what the seller will not do.

Just recently I’ve had a handful of people asking me to do their homework. If they read the Fiverr gig description on my writing gig, they would realise that I fully state that I do not do homework reports, assignments or anything similar. Not reading the description and contacting me about it is wasting their time and my time.

You can find out more about Fiverr gig descriptions here.

What About the Fiverr Buyer Instructions

There is a small box for sellers to add instructions for the buyer. If nothing is entered into the gig page when these instructions are in place, the countdown timer will not start.

The buyer instructions can reiterate parts of the gig description, but they will usually have new instructions for the buyer. It could be to answer a few questions, or to enter all the information required to complete the gig.

I’ve got a very clear notice to say enter all information, even if we have spoken through messages. It may sound annoying for the buyer, but it stops me missing anything should something be included in the messages and not on the order page. I can lose track of the people who have messaged me and those who haven’t, or those who have asked for extra stuff through messages after placing an order.

So, as a buyer, ready the Fiverr gig description and follow the buyer instructions. It is really important. They are all there for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment