Tuesday 3 December 2013

Help! I’ve Lost My Fiverr Level



It’s something that is on the Fiverr Forum a lot lately. People lose their levels and then come to the forum looking for help.

Before I add anything else, I’m going to make this clear. I don’t work for Fiverr, I’m just a seller on the site. These thoughts are mine alone, and the way that I believe the website works. Also, those in the forums are just buyers and sellers; not official spokespeople for the website.

So, why could you possibly lose your level? There are a few reasons for this.

Not Active Enough/Getting Enough Sales

When I’ve read the Level 2 requirements, one thing always stands out: 50 orders within a two month period. To me, that means every two months, you need to have, on average, 50 orders. I think there is some leeway if you’re active on the site and are still fulfilling orders, as one seller has pointed out that she doesn’t get 50 orders within a two month period.

The reason I do believe this though is because I lost my levels. I was inactive for a while on maternity and all my gigs were suspended. The only orders I did were those that were placed before I left. So, I went two months without 50 sales. After a week of being active again, I soon got my levels back.

Not Following the Rules

This is a big problem. People complain that they’ve lost their Fiverr levels, but that they’ve done nothing wrong. After trying to help them, they’ll admit that they did get a warning or two about contacting people outside of Fiverr, or breaking one of the other rules.

If you’re going to break the rules, expect a negative effect. That is the loss of your levels. Can you get them back? Yes, but you need to prove that you are trustworthy.

Getting Too Many Cancellations

If your cancellation ratio goes up, you’re going to find that your levels go down. This is because you’re not constantly delivering on orders. After about 20%, your cancellation ratio will show up on your gig page, so watch out for that!

It’s really hard to avoid some cancellations. At the moment, there are buyers purposely trying to destroy top sellers’ reputation by ordering in bulk and then cancelling. The best way around this is to keep promoting to get more sales and counteract those cancellations. It’s not easy and we all complain, but there is nothing more you can do right now.

Getting Negative Feedback

Getting one negative feedback, depending on the number of positives, isn’t going to harm your levels eligibility. However, if you get a lot, you’re going to find that you are demoted. You’ll also find that you don’t get any new orders because people can’t trust you.

It’s really important to deliver quality at all times. I’ve got negatives and I don’t believe they affect me. In fact, I recently had a previous buyer come back because he saw the negative left and knew I didn’t deserve it. He’s since left another positive, and helping me rebuild my rating. Once you get good buyers like that and ones that want you to do well, you will find that one negative isn’t all that bad.

If you can’t deliver quality for any reason—maybe the buyer hasn’t left the information required, or it’s not in your gig description—you will have to request the cancellation. I think that will do less harm than the negative, especially if you’re getting a lot of negative reviews. If you’ve done the work and the buyer is threatening you for any reason, contact Customer Support for some help and advice.

Have you lost your Fiverr levels? Think about what could have happened and take this time to make some changes. Remember that Customer Support is there to try and help you. Want to share your story here? Feel free!

No comments:

Post a Comment