Thursday 4 July 2013

Tips for Marketing Yourself on Fiverr.com



I recently requested for my gigs to be considered for Top Rated Seller status. I was turned down and it seems like it is partially due to not enough sales.

I don’t mind that – it’s something that I can try and work on and I did get a bit of a boost by my “I will write 400 words for $5” did being placed on the front page of my category to entice more people to buy.

But, it doesn’t stop there. I’ve seen a lot of people complaining about not getting many orders recently.

It’s really important to market yourself on Fiverr.com. But how do you do that? Here are my tips for marketing yourself on Fiverr.com and increase your sales.

Optimise Your Fiverr Gigs

The first thing to do is make sure your Fiverr gigs are fully optimised. Use the keywords that people will use when looking for your type of gig. For example, my would be article writing, blogging, SEO marketing etc.

This isn’t just for the website but for search engines. Fiverr gigs show up on Google searches to increase your reach and you want to be at the top of the results to entice people to buy.

Promote Them on Social Media

Social media marketing is very effective when used properly. Create a Facebook page, a Twitter account, Google+ and Pinterest to show off your gigs and even include samples.

You need to keep sharing your gigs and promote yourself to give people a reason to buy. You’ll be surprised by the amount of people that actually come through this method.

Watch out when you do promote on social media. Remember that you cannot contact or accept payments outside of the Fiverr system. It’s best to have a page specifically for your Fiverr gigs and avoid promoting on your personal profile where only your friends will see it – they’re not likely to buy your gigs!

Set Up a Fiverr Blog

I love writing and I love my Fiverr gigs. My biggest tip for marketing yourself on Fiverr.com is to set up your own blog. It doesn’t matter if you’re not really a writer or if you’re new to Fiverr, there’s so much that you can do!

If you’ve been on the site for a while (I’ve been there for two years), you can offer tips and advice to people looking to sell on Fiverr. If you’re new and you’ve bought gigs in the past, write reviews about the seller’s work. This gives you the chance to go in more detail and show off the work afterwards, either through a link or an image in your gig.

You could also opt for an interview with a Fiverr seller or buyer to get their tips and advice or find out what they love about Fiverr.com.

Marketing yourself on Fiverr is more than just giving your link out. You need to show off your talents and give people a reason to trust you and build a relationship with you.

Get out there and market your Fiverr gigs. That’s the best way of getting sales. There are many ideas around and the Fiverr Forum offers many ideas. Be proactive instead of complaining about not getting sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment